“PINK LADY,” he said looking me confidently in the eye.
Completely unaware he had just revealed how little he knew about hookah.
But I couldn’t blame him.
You see picking flavors with titillating names is a classic novice mistake.
But we experienced hookah smokers know better.
It is kind of like how a lot of people come up with guest blog post ideas.
They assume bloggers want completely novel guest blog post ideas packed with wit and other flashiness.
But they never bother to find out what the blog’s audience may actually need.
Now I know you won’t be doing that.
After all, you’ve read already grabbed your SuperCharged Guest Posting Blueprint and you know better.
Haven't grabbed your guest posting blueprint yet?
The best guest blog post ideas are the ones that show the blogger how your guest post will serve their audience's needs
You know that the best guest blog post ideas are the ones that serve the blogger’s audience needs.
But how can you find the guest blog post ideas that best serve a blog’s audience needs?
And once you find out them, how can you guarantee the blogger will want YOU to fulfill those needs?
In this blog post, I will show you the exact steps to answering both questions so that you craft pitches bloggers find so irresistible they have no choice but to accept.
Finding guest blog post ideas step #1 find the most shared posts on the blog
Find the most shared posts on the blog using Buzzsumo. Here is what that would look like. I’ve used Chris Winfield’s blog as an example. I will be using Chris’s 4 Simple Rules for Email Mastery (and Maintaining Sanity) post for the remaining steps in this illustration.
Finding guest blog post ideas step #2 read top 3 posts and comments
Speed read the post to get a sense of the type of advice the blogger is giving and if this you agree with their suggestions. Assuming you do, skim the comment section with an eye for any struggles, frustrations, and difficulties commentators are experiencing.
A few comments down in Chris’s Email Mastery post I hit pay dirt:
There is a pattern to these comments. They are both around the issue of managing expectations. Other similar comments further confirmed this was a big struggle for Chris’s readers.
Finding guest blog post ideas step #3 Bluesky brainstorm types of posts you could write to help
Ask yourself these questions:
- What type of posts could I write to help readers with those problems?
- What could I include to show readers how to solve their problems (rather than tell them)?
To illustrate here are some ideas for the managing expectations struggle Chris’s audience has:
- How to manage recipient expectations for speed of response (includes email scripts that show readers how to do this as a win-win)
- How to manage recipient expectations for when you will respond (includes email scripts that show readers how to do this as a win-win)
- How to manage client email communication expectations (include a script of client kick-off meeting and follow up email)
I’m sure this gives you enough of an idea to come up with many others on your own. Once you have 3-5 ideas move on to the next step.
Finding guest blog post ideas step #4 confirm your post ideas are fresh
Search the blog to make sure the blogger has not already written about them. Most blogs have a search bar to search past content. If not, use google in-site search.
Why this hack makes your guest blog post ideas irresistible?
- Your guest blog post ideas are not only related to the exact topic the bloggers write about but also one that has performed well for them (as shown by high shares)
- Your guest blog post ideas relate to the struggles of their audience (as shown by audience comments)
- Your guest blog post ideas show the blogger you aren’t just in it for yourself but actually, want to help their audience
- Your guest blog post ideas show how your solution(s) can help their audience.
This one hack alone significantly increased my pitch acceptances. Go ahead try it.
By the way, this is one part of my large SuperCharged Guest Posting Blueprint. To see the entire blueprint make sure to grab it below!